Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday, Pun Day.

(1) Student: "Would you mind turning off that extractor fan, so we can hear properly?
Lecturer: "You're right, it is rather exhausting."

(2) Junior faculty member talking with HOD about an upcoming conference: "I think I'm going to present my analysis of those older texts where I look at how the words and phrases in question were really used. Despite all the big ideas people keep waving around, there's a gap in the literature when it comes to the hard data, and I might be able to provide that perspective."
HOD: "I guess that's why they call it fill-hole-ogy*".

(3) Geekman: "Do you want the computer?"
Me: "No, I was actually thinking about reading a book."
Geekman: "That's novel."

__________
*Say it a few times out loud while lying back and thinking of linguistics.