Monday, February 27, 2006

So I guess I'll be fitting that in between midnight and 7 a.m., then

I've just started work on a new chapter of my thesis.

1. Number of relevant references that I am aware of: 60
2. Number that look familiar: 49
3. Number I can be certain I have read*: 35
4. Number I can find my notes on: 20
5. Number of days I had allowed for the reading required for this chapter so as to get it finished in time to meet an (externally imposed) deadline: 0

Because I thought I had read all the relevant works last year already, dinnint I?

__________
*The difference between the numbers in (2) and (3) is due to the transition period (a.k.a black vortex of despair) that was the time between when I stopped using the Fantastic and Comprehensive Best System Ever for Keeping Track of My Reading and started using the Fantastic and Comprehensive Best System Ever for Keeping Track of My Reading That Actually Works. (Which I gave up shortly afterward in favour of the Fantastic and Comprehensive Best System Ever for Keeping Track of My Reading That Actually Works and Doesn't Do My Head In).

Technorati tags: ,