Sunday, February 19, 2006

Good thing I wasn't really trying to be anonymous anyway

I've just forwarded an email to myself from the account that I use to reply to comments on this blog and discovered that it prefaces my (anonymous) email address with my real name. I feel so stupid for not noticing this before.

So anyway, those of you who know, just keep on keeping it to yourselves :)

And I think I'll set up a pseudonymous gmail address for future use. And give up any thought of a future career as an undercover agent.

4 Comments:

Somnambulist Seeker said...

The exact same thing just happened to me. I had what I considered a clever little system with multiple Gmail accounts, one forwarding to the other....

Until I found out that even if I made the system send mail "on behalf of" the public one, it still included my personal one, and my name.

Doh.

StyleyGeek said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm still turning red just thinking about it. I hope you, like me, weren't overly concerned about your anonymity!

Unknown said...

I've done stuff like that too. So embarassing.

let me know if you need a gmail account.

StyleyGeek said...

Thanks, Shrinky, but I've already got one under my real name, so have sent an invite to myself from that.