Thursday, February 16, 2006

You know you want to see more parrots. Yes you do.

This little guy (or gal) was sitting in the tree right outside my office most of the afternoon. It's the first time I've seen a king parrot so clearly -- usually they hang out right at the tops of trees and since they aren't, let us say, as vocal as most of the other sorts around here, they're often really hard to spot.

This one really brightened up an otherwise extremely trying afternoon.


Technorati tags: , ,

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE seeing parrots! I've never seen them in the wild like that - I love the idea that you just see them around (or crash into them on your bike...)

StyleyGeek said...

Yeah, I can't get over how blasé the Australians are about them. Fortunately most of our department is made up of people originally from elsewhere, so it's perfectly acceptable to interrupt a conversation to ooh and aah over a brightly coloured bird hopping around nearby.