Monday, September 25, 2006

English is so good at verbing nouns

On the way home from some other touristy things yesterday, we stopped at a nearby reptile house so that I could pay a(nother) visit to my beloved Ringo, who I would take home with me in an instant if the overly-watchful keeper man would just briefly turn his back.

I mean, don't you just melt at the sight of all this snaky cuteness? (Pictured here hunting for Geekman's sleeve to hide in).


My mother was happy to come in and meet him, but Geekman's mother refused to even enter the building:

"I think snakes are ghastly creatures," she said, shuddering. "I can't stand the way... the way they reptilian."

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee. And her daughter-in-law, a linguist!

Cute snake.

Misty said...

Aww, Ringo is adorable!

I'd distract the keeper by shouting and throwing something, then take the snake home too :)

StyleyGeek said...

I did consider letting the death adders out and scooping up Ringo while he rounded them up...

I'm not sure how to interpret Anastasia's comment. I choose to assume she is struck wordless by Ringo's great beauty.