Thursday, June 08, 2006

And she says she "isn't cut out for tutoring"

This conversation between my office mate and a student who came looking for me this morning was recounted to me later by someone who overheard it from the corridor:

"I want to pick up my assignment from StyleyGeek."
"She isn't here."
"Will she be in for her office hours later today?"
"Her office hours finished. Her job as your tutor finished."
"But I really need this assignment back by tomorrow!"
"Well, you should have thought of that when you skipped class last week, shouldn't you?"
"But how do I find out when she will be here?"
"I'll give you the phone number here and you can call her later today."
"Can you give me her mobile number?"
"No fucking way."

Sometimes I love my office mate.

1 Comment:

StyleyGeek said...

She. English really needs more ungendered pronouns, doesn't it?