Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happiness is...

smoked fish, fresh broccoli, mashed potato and a tomato, mozzarella and basil salad...

followed by swirly swirly chocolate and cream that turns into...

perfectly creamy (but not quite so swirly) mocha fudge;


followed by the knowledge that tomorrow is a public holiday. (And the repression of all thoughts to do with the talk I have to give on Tuesday.)

Fudge recipe below the fold.

1 cup cream
2 cups sugar
2 Tb corn syrup
150 g chocolate (we used milk, but next time I think I'll go for dark)
coffee essence, or 2 tsp of instant coffee powder, dissolved in a little hot water

Stick it all in a pan, melt it all slowly, then bring to the boil until it reaches that soft ball stage.

Add 25 g butter (just in case the above ingredients don't contain enough fat already) and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Beat the crap out of it while standing the saucepan in a sink of cold water.

Pour into tin and leave to set.

8 Comments:

Lucy said...

wow, a nice recipe that contains corn syrup? I may have to try it to use up the whole bottle I mistakenly bought soon after arriving in the US.

Do you have fun plans for the public holiday, or can you join the blogger IM party (10am-12pm)?

StyleyGeek said...

Oops. I was asleep. (10 am my time?)

Let's go check.

Lucy said...

IM me, anyway, I'm still online (alwayslistentoyourpig_puppet)

StyleyGeek said...

I'll try! I have to work out what to do first (I'm an IM virgin). I have to download something, right?

luckybuzz said...

Oh, that is some good looking food. I'm suddenly hungry. And i really, really want fudge.

luckybuzz said...

oh, and good to see you at the IM party! :)

StyleyGeek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
StyleyGeek said...

Yeah, it was lots of fun!

I want to go back there.

Mostly I want to go crack some more linguistics jokes with Wolfa.