Thursday, April 06, 2006

A fleeting moment of joy

I learned something today that made me so happy I want to share it with the world.

The next two weeks are a teaching break! And no one told me!

My moment of enlightenment went like this:

"So because we didn't get on to discussing the morphology material today, please all remember to bring your morphology notes to class next week, and we'll talk about it then."
"Uh, you mean 'after the break', right?"
"There's a break? Halleluj-- I mean, oh, right."
"When was there not a two week Easter break?"
"In my head. Until thirty seconds ago."
"Well, it's on the syllabus. Maybe you should read that sometime."

That's my line. Smartarse. (That last bit only happened in my head, too.)

And then, and then, ScaryLecturer told me he'd decided to cancel classes the first week back, because Anzac Day screws up the Tuesday anyway.

So I have three weeks of freedom!

Starting right after I see the four students who have made appointments with me for tomorrow.


Technorati tags: ,