Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yeah, one of those

You know that moment when you suddenly realise something that you instantly know should have been obvious all along, but wasn't, and then you are hit with 20-something years' worth of cringing for every time you must have said something that let on that you didn't already know this thing and everyone else around you must have been thinking how naive you were?

Well I just had one of those.

And I'm not going to tell you about it, because then I would have to cringe some more.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Go on! Tell us!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there is no Easter Bunny. Sad but true.

Unknown said...

tell us tell us. all the cool kids are doing it!

Anonymous said...

ok, I thought that the words spray painted on American roads that say "Ped Xing" read "Pedestrian Xing." I knew it meant that pedestrians would cross the road there but I was about 25 when I realized that the X actually stood for a cross. So that's my little example (one of many). So I showed you mine, now show yours! :)

Psycgirl said...

Ooo you should tell. We're all sympathetically cringing with you, not at you :)

Unknown said...

Uh, no, sorry. I plan to cringe AT. I may point and laugh too. I may be a shrink, but I still love me some schadenfreude.

Katie said...

Oh, please do tell!!! You have me curious! Besides, we have ALL had those moments! You are in good company telling!

StyleyGeek said...

You guys are very convincing, but no, I don't think so :)

If it makes you feel better, my moment of enlightenment has no amusement value, would be long and tedious to explain, and isn't half as cool as Turtlebella's.

If it was, I promise I would share.