Sunday, April 30, 2006

How to get way too much attention

Standing at a pedestrian crossing, waiting for the lights to change, surrounded by a crowd of mostly male students...

Geekman and I are talking about a friend of mine. There's a lot of traffic noise, so he's not overheard when he says, jokingly, "You spend so much time with her. Are you having an affair?"
"I really like her," I admit, and then, as the traffic stops and everyone can hear me (but before my ears have passed the message on to my brain that this is the case), "But if I was sexually attracted to her I'd have let you know so that we could all get together and you could take photos."

At least three of the guys in the crowd around us nearly got run over when they discovered they couldn't simultaneously goggle at me and walk in a straight line across the road. The rest of them just alternated between watching where they were going and shooting me speculative looks.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those moments of silence? ;)