Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Everyone should hire Dug

Dug-without-an-o is the name of the guy who stopped me and a friend just now when we were walking through Union Court, and persuaded us to buy vouchers for a haircut from him.

Anyone who read this post knows how hard it is to get me to go to the hairdresser's, so it will come as even more of a surprise to hear that Dug-without-an-o left me looking forward to my visit.

Because it's a big name salon! And the voucher includes a style consultation with their top stylist, your choice of colour or highlights, wine and chocolates, and a shiatsu massage! And all this for just a quarter of the usual price! And we got two for the price of one, so that's only an eighth of the usual cost!

So I'm excited.

And anyone wanting to sell anything ever should hire Dug. He's from Sydney. And he spells his name funny.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I always wondered about those deals. Are they really deals? If the salon is so good, why do they need to sell those? Please report back1

I also have watched them sometimes to see if I can figure out the method behind who they approach. One day I got approached three times! They don't seem to go after gorgeous women, even if their hair isn't so great. They don't go after older women ... and they seem to go after some 20-40 year old women, but not all, and I can't figure out the pattern.

StyleyGeek said...

Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious as well. But I have heard of the salon before, and I know they usually charge around $400 for a cut and colour by one of their top stylists, and this deal is for $50. I'm hoping the reason for the deal is to sucker in new customers who will love it so much they'll come back and pay the usual price for their next cut. Hah! I'll show them.

I think we got approached because we were looking like we weren't in a hurry to get anywhere (we were on our way to get a coffee and take a bit of a break). But I don't know what their usual strategy is.

By the way, are you insinuating I'm not gorgeous? I'm offended :)