Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's all in the mind

Does anyone else go round all day obsessively blogging inside their head?

Back in those hazy days before I had a blog, the main events that filled up the left-over space inside my head involved imaginary conversations with non-existent people, but now pretty much all that goes on in there is blog-posting.

You have to wonder who I imagine I'm constructing these posts for: the little internet inside my head, perhaps. They almost never reach the light of day computer monitor, since by the time I get home I can never remember more than the last one or two I constructed (and once I get them out of my head and into my blog ideas file they never seem half as interesting as I thought they were) -- a lot like dreams, when you come to think about it. On the other hand, I am always vaguely surprised that anyone wants to read my real-world blog, so it wouldn't be that much more startling to find there was a little community of people inside my head following my imaginary posts, either.

In any case, this is pretty much like the frozen peas thing. I'm hoping for some indication that I'm not all that unusual in this, or if I am, at least a referral to a support group would be nice.

So 'fess up. Do you too have an imaginary blog?

7 Comments:

Lucy said...

I do that too, although I'm not sure that should make you feel better about it, since I generally sit in therapy not talking, writing imaginary blog posts about the questions I can't answer.

Unknown said...

I write imaginary blog posts too. Sometimes to get them out, I write them down. But comme Lucy, I don't know if being like me should make you feel any better either.

StyleyGeek said...

I love you guys. And I don't care if you are crazy too. At least we can all be crazy together.

And thanks, Alan!

Katie said...

I am ALWAYS writing imaginary blog posts in my head! Glad to hear that I am not the only doing this. It used to be that when I would see or hear something interesting, I would think about telling someone. Now, I think about how I can write a post on it in my blog! What has become of me?

Maria said...

yep -- I do.

I always think -- "must post this later." Then I forget.

THIS is why I need a PDA.

StyleyGeek said...

I love you guys, too :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this interwebs thing really is great.

No, I don't even compose blogs in my head. What I have is a nearly constant internal monologue. Depending on where I am and what I've been doing, this can be in multiple languages--at the same time, mind you--and go from anything to telling myself off to a running commentary on whatever I'm up to. I can't shut the damn thing up.