Monday, April 10, 2006

Tell me I'm not alone!

The best thing about the internet is that, no matter how strange your friends and family think you are, if you can poll half the planet, there is bound to be some other weirdo out there who has exactly the same foibles. (A penchant for constructing sentences like that last one, for example.)

So although I know there's not half the planet reading this blog, I have to ask:

I'm not really the only one who eats frozen peas right out of the packet, am I?

*crunch crunch* *can't stop myself* *crunch*

7 Comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I don't eat them right out of the packet, I rinse them in cold water for a few seconds to get the ice off of the outside...

ummmmm, makes me think of the tuna/pasta/pea salad mom makes.... it is best if you keep the peas in the freezer until you are ready to eat the salad, then top the salad with the peas! It has a mayo dressing and some cheese, onion and celery... a great summertime treat (you'll have to wait, I suppose :).

Unknown said...

Sorry, I hate peas.

Anonymous said...

How funny, I just started doing this! I recently started making a soup with peas in it, and started crunching on the frozen peas while it all simmered, and was surprised to find they're really good! (I was doing this just yesterday b/c I was starving while the soup was cooking.)

But then, when I was a kid I loved to eat frozen french fries (chips) straight from the freezer, too.

USJogger said...

Half my family likes their frozen peas frozen. Another third doesn't like peas at all. So when we have peas, we generally cook only one serving. (I just know that this is a story problem from my son's fraction homework.)

USJogger

StyleyGeek said...

Woohoo!

I'm going to show this thread to Geekman and he'll stop laughing at me.

And ITPF -- you have completely legitimised frozen pea eating. If there's a recipe, it's got to be normal, right?

kristina said...

Here's to the frozen frozen food eaters club. Charlie's having some frozen mixed veg's right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm eating them now right now. Frozen Birds Eye here in the UK is the best I've found so far.. great munchie food!