Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A dissertation is just a really long blog entry, right?

I've been remarkably productive (for me) the last few days. All the same, I've started to notice ominous signs that I may be spending more time and effort on blogging than on my thesis:

  • I used to spend the time cycling from home to uni planning what I'd do on my thesis that day, and the time travelling home (over-)analysing what I should have done differently. Now I spend it composing imaginary blog posts.
  • I keep coming up with ideas for photos and images I could put in my thesis... if it were a website instead. I want to apply a pretty template!
  • My supervisor just pointed out that the section headings in my latest draft are 'amusing, but kind of random'.
  • And worst of all? Three times today LaTeX barfed when I tried to compile my files, thanks to me having typed in html commands by mistake.

4 Comments:

StyleyGeek said...

Unfortunately, Wolfa, that title sounds more lucid than most of what I've been using :)

Unknown said...

This is one of your best posts. Hilarious! I am convinced we should all just be allowed to submit (edited versions of) our blogs in lieu of dissertations. I'm sure they're long enough!

StyleyGeek said...

Thanks shrinky!

And I agree. I'm terrified that one day I'll find out how to do a word count on my blog, and discover that I've written more here than on my dissertation.

prassanna said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.














Top Dissertation Sites